How To Guides
- How to undertake a professional quality repair of your PVC or Hypalon RIB, inflatable boat and SIB tubes
- How to clean inflatable boats, protect RIB collars, tubes and sponsons, clean Hypalon and PVC inflatable boat fabric
- How to find a leak in my inflatable boat, RIB, dinghy, life raft or inflatable kayak collar or tubes
- How to fit a replacement screw-in type inflatable boat, rigid inflatable boat (RIB) or dinghy inflation deflation valve
- How to fix or glue inflatable boat PVC fabric patches and accessories to Hypalon fabric RIB collars and tubes (and vice versa)
- How to identify the fabric of your RIB, inflatable boat, dinghy, life raft or inflatable kayak collar, tube or sponson. Hypalon or PVC?
- How to repair inflatable boat, RIB, RHIB, SIB and kayak collars, inflation tubes or sponsons
- How to replace a Leafield Marine A4 inflation/deflation valve older inflatable boats, RIBs, RHIBs and dinghies
- How to replace an inflatable boat valve
- How to service and/or fit a replacement diaphragm to the Alfons Haar type SF1 inflation valve
- How to service or repair the Leafield Marine A7 or B7 inflatable boat valve
- How to service or repair the Leafield Marine C7 inflatable boat valve
- How to clean your RIB with August Race products
RIBs & Inflatable Boats
Safety Data Sheets
Rules and Responsibilities for RIB Skippers and Inflatable Boat Owners
Rules and Responsibilities for RIB skippers and inflatable boat owners
- Where can I find and learn the 'rules of the road' or COLREGS? The Learn the ‘rules of the road’ (COLREGS)
- When I take my RIB to sea, what are my responsibilities? RIB & Boat owners responsibilties when at sea (SOLAS V)
Towing a RIB or Inflatable Boat
- What are the laws and regulations for towing a RIB or boat on the UK's highways? What are the UK Regulations for towing a RIB or Inflatable boat on the highway?
- Can I tow a RIB or boat? Am I allowed to tow a RIB or Inflatable boat?
Passage Planning 'Tools'
- Tidal predictions - by Admiralty Easy-Tide
- Always check-out the weather forecast before you get underway in your RIB or inflatable; at Ribstore we use this great free weather forecast tool at windfinder.com
Marine Accident Investigation Board Reports (MAIB) & Safety
- Link to the Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB)
- Safety video from sortieenmer.com - reminder why wearing a life jacket on your boat, is so important and the dangers so misunderstood
- Link to MAIB findings following the MAIB’s investigation into the RIB Milly fatal accident on 5 May 2013
- Link to RYA Safety Advisory Note 01/2014 - The RYA's first Critical Safety Issue provides the RYA's advice on current safety issues, inlcuding the importance of always wearing a kill cord