Gecko Helmets are made in Cornwall to your order, this means we are not able to accept returns (unless faulty). Please allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery.
The Gecko MK11 is an open face marine safety helmet providing unparalleled protection and versatility, available in various colours.
Helmets can be fitted with a fitted protective face visor (available below) but require studs to be chosen when you order the helmet (studs cannot be retrofitted).
Gecko Head Gear first developed the open face marine safety helmet for the RNLI to fill a gap in the market for a lightweight, high performance helmet that is suitable for use in marine environments. For twenty years the RNLI have continued to use this helmet and have helped to refine the design. Today, the Gecko open face helmet is used by numerous organisations worldwide including the Royal Air Force, Police and MOD. It meets BSI marine safety helmet standard PAS 028:2002.
- The helmet offers full peripheral vision with its wide open face design.
- The grooves along the helmet are designed to increase the strength to weight ratio of the ABS shell. It also allows water to run off the back of the helmet to keep vision clear.
- The patented inflatable liner is an integral part of the helmet design; through an oral valve, the liner has the ability to inflate or deflate to create a perfect fit every time.This offers an inherent buoyancy to the user, and if overboard and rising up to the surface will position user to rise with the helmet to take any impacts.
- The neck is cut high to allow users full motion of their head to look all around them including above them in case of a helicopter rescue. This also allows for life jackets and buoyancy aids to be used and not push the helmet up from the back and obscure user vision.
Gecko MK11 Open Face Helmet Features:
Shell - Using computer aided design the ABS construction provides protection and interaction with existing equipment including dry suit, lifejacket etc. The Lightweight grooved design gives excellent strength to weight ratio. Helmet is B.S.I. approved to P.A.S. 028:2002 Marine Safety Helmet standard
Inflatable Liner - This is an integral part of the helmet design. Through an oral valve, the liner has the ability to inflate or deflate accommodating the user's head size. This system allows the 'tension of the fit' to be adjusted according to the situation, resulting in increased comfort, additional buoyancy and improved heat retention
Foam Comfort Pad - The 15mm thick circular comfort pad supplied provides cushion protection to the top of the head utilising open celled foam. It is removable for washing and secured in place using a Hook and Loop system. Replacement pads are available
Ear Defence System - The Black Nylon blanking unit is fitted inside of the rubber grommet. When in place it provides ear protection from external noise such as engine, wind or inclement weather. It can be removed for improved acoustic clarity. Alternative vented option also available
Strap Assembly - This retention system consists of 19mm nylon webbing riveted to the shell at two point fixings. The Patented Fastex 'click' closure buckle allows one hand release and quick adjustment to the strap length. Offset side buckle aids access in emergency and prevents contact with windpipe. Looped end aids tension and neoprene sheathed comfort tube helps prevent rubbing
Top Head Piece - The Foam Headliner provides shock absorption from impact in the crown area and additional flotation from its foam construction.
Gecko MK11 Open Face Helmet Specifications:
- Size: 56cm – 63cm
- Weight: 670grms
- Marine Safety Helmet PAS 028:2002
- Mountaineering Helmet EN 12492
- Eye Protection BS4110 with visor
- Ear Defence EN352-2 with ear plugs
Gecko MK11 Visor can be found here