Skip to content


FAQ Friday #3 - What is the best material to repair a puncture in my RIB tubes?

The answer to this question actually depends on what your tube is made from. If you have a PVC tube, you need a PVC patch and if you have a hypalon tube, you need a hypalon patch.
Whilst I rate hypalon more highly than PVC, I wouldn't recommend using a hypalon patch on a PVC tube! It's important to use the right material.
We do have a handy how to guide on identifying tube materials here:
Previous article FAQ Friday #4 - When I unscrew the valve on my tubes, will the part on the inside drop into the tubes? 
Next article FAQ Friday #2 - Which way up should I use my patch?