Rules and Responsibilities
Rules and Responsibilities for RIB skippers and inflatable boat owners
- Where can I find and learn the 'rules of the road' or COLREGS? The Learn the ‘rules of the road’ (COLREGS)
- When I take my RIB to sea, what are my responsibilities? RIB & Boat owners responsibilties when at sea (SOLAS V)
Towing a RIB or inflatable boat
- What are the laws and regulations for towing a RIB or boat on the UK's highways? What are the UK Regulations for towing a RIB or Inflatable boat on the highway?
- Can I tow a RIB or boat? Am I allowed to tow a RIB or Inflatable boat?
Passage Planning 'Tools'
- Tidal predictions - by Admiralty Easy-Tide
- Always check-out the weather forecast before you get underway in your RIB or inflatable; at Ribstore we use this great free weather forecast tool at windfinder.com
Marine Accident Investigation Board Reports (MAIB) & Safety
- Link to the Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB)
- Safety video from sortieenmer.com - reminder why wearing a life jacket on your boat, is so important and the dangers so misunderstood
- Link to MAIB findings following the MAIB’s investigation into the RIB Milly fatal accident on 5 May 2013
- Link to RYA Safety Advisory Note 01/2014 - The RYA's first Critical Safety Issue provides the RYA's advice on current safety issues, inlcuding the importance of always wearing a kill cord